Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet variance

Had a really bad run last night. Got to play something like 26 tournies in just a few hours but ended up with a sickening 17 buy in downswing. Won one single tournament while I placed in three. Pathetic stuff altogether. Some of my play was atrocious, making large raises when it wasn't needed (just because I suffered a bad beat previously or whatever) or shoving when it made absolutely no sense to shove. Loads of my cbets were called/reraised which also made things a little difficult. I did attempt to fight back by reraising and it worked a bit but not enough to stem the outflow of my bankroll. I also tried to play 8 or 9 tables and I'm ususually used to just the 6 or 7 - maybe this is having a negative effect on me?

So I'm back to the tables a little bit later today, clear another $20 of the bonus and hopefully be in the green for the night. I wouldn't drop levels until I hit the $2k mark which is another bit away yet. I'd have to run extremely bad for this to happen (although I've been running hot up until yesterday - had a shark symbol beside me and all on sharkscope!).


Appreciate any comments guys, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. hey man, thanks for the link :).

    saw the address in the sig and noticed I was in the list, priviledged :D.

    few comments, the shark symbol never stays!!!! haha, so don't be disheartened, we've all had them and all lost them :(


    just focusing on one comment you made,
    "I did attempt to fight back by reraising"
    just wondering if you consider this a good thing?
    is this you being on tilt and chasing after every pot you are in? or just adjusting to new opponents?
    oh, and do you make notes on players. that is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yeah, the shark symbol is gone for good me thinks!

    "I did attempt to fight back by reraising"

    Ah I noticed that one or two people were doing the min-raise after my cbet so I just reraised them whatever. I wouldn't normally do this with a nothing hand, would make sure I had outs if I was called.

    Nah, no tilt from me as of yet, just totally pissed off with my current run (-$800 over the past few days). If it goes any further I'll just drop down to the $20s and build it back up.

    I do make notes on players (varies from detailed ones to ones like 'total fucking idiot' etc...gotta stop doing those latter notes as they ain't much help when I come across the same player again!).

    ReplyDelete